Looking for things to do as a couple on your visit to the Islands of Guernsey? Whether you are keen to unwind on the beach, explore the outdoors or get adventurous with some Island hopping, a trip to our archipelago has it all.
We asked our social media followers for suggestions on things to do as a couple in Guernsey and we have rounded up some of their suggestions below.
Picnics, Swims and Exploring the Islands
Ideal for those who love to get outdoors, you can find everything from a gentle stroll along the coast to a full day of hiking and cliff walking on Guernsey. Along the way you will find picnic spots ranging from secluded bays and cliff top benches with views stretching to the coast of France ideal for a long lunch with a view. Take a packed lunch or enjoy local delights at one of the many cafes and kiosks dotted along the coast.
Our followers' suggestions are:
- Picnic and bubbles on the cliffs at Icart Point (near Saint's Bay)
- Hiking to Fermain Bay via Bluebell Woods
- Explore hidden beaches and bays
- A sunrise swim at Moulin Huet
- A swim in Creux Harbour, Sark (one of the best memories of our honeymoon!)
- Sunsets at Cobo Bay
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding at sunset on the West Coast
A west coast sunset on The Islands of Guernsey is not to be missed - whether sitting on the wall at Guernsey's Cobo Beach enjoying fish and chips, or looking out from Herm’s White House Hotel or at Alderney's Clonque Bay. Make a stop at one of the seafront benches along the coast to enjoy the moment and admire the colours of nature.
We had a lot of suggestions from our followers that involved Island Hopping.
With its own microclimate, Herm is a paradise Island.
- Go to Herm and have a beach picnic
- Stroll around the cliffs of Herm
- Evening drinks at the White House Hotel lawn
Sark is the perfect escape for two.
- Trip to Sark: Tea at La Sablonnerie and pop down to the Venus Pool
- Hire a bike and head to remote bays
- Visit the window in the rock
- Enjoy a night of glamping
Whether just for a day trip or an extended break, the Islands of Herm, Sark and Alderney are well worth a visit on your trip.
Dinner and Drinks
Whether you are looking for a pub lunch or a dinner for two with a view, you may find a new favourite restaurant on your visit to Guernsey. The Islands boast many different types of cuisine available, including fresh local seafood, tapas, sushi and world class steak, as well as French and Italian favourites.
Our followers suggested the following for the perfect date night:
- Sunset dinner at La Reunion
- Fish and chips and a drink at The Rockmount
- An evening out on the Herm dinner boat
- Dinner and drinks with a view at Octopus
- Dinner on the terrace at Pier 17
- Drinks and dinner at Balthazar
- Gusto is small and cosy for a date.
- Tapas and drinks at Tinto
- Wine and cheese Rouge
If you are looking to book a trip to the Islands of Guernsey, take a look at our special offers page or browse accommodation options here. We look forward to welcoming you.