Rich habitats including stabilized sand dune, wet meadow, and heath land, with rare species of plants, butterflies, and birds.
Also a Victorian fortification built to defend against the French and added to in 1942 by the occupying German forces and restored gun site, as operational in 1943-45 with full interpretation.
Reopened in 2011, is the Le Galloudec Shrine. A former searchlight bunker, built by the German Occupying Forces during the Second World War, it was transformed by the late Hubert Le Galloudec using shells to create biblical scenes. Limited opening.
Perry's guide reference: Page 13, E1-F2
Accessible using the following bus routes: 42, 91, 111