Located on the northern coast of Guernsey, Fort Le Marchant has had a fort of some description on this site since around 1680. However, towards the end of the 18th century fears of a French invasion grew, and the expansion of the fort was completed in 1805. A large barracks was also built here in 1854 however these have since been demolished. Be aware of the colour of the flag that is flying as a rifle range is also located here and a red flag indicates the range is in use.
Perry's guide reference: Page 7, 1F
Accessible using the following bus routes: 6, 6A, 7, 7A,