An 8-day holiday of wildlife walks and history on the charming island of Alderney. The most northerly and isolated of the Channel Islands, Alderney is a tranquil backwater accessible only by air, where visitors and cars are sparse and the locals most welcoming. This charming island is worth an extended stay and, on this 8-day holiday, our leader will ensure that you are able to enjoy its slow pace of life and abundant opportunities by laying on, twice daily, a range of optional activities with the island’s experts for you to dip into, or otherwise, at a relaxed pace. Many of these excursions can be enjoyed on walks out from and back to your comfortable base, the splendid Braye Beach Hotel which has fabulous views over the bay and its idyllic white sandy beach
- Enjoy a leisurely week based at the 4-star Braye Beach Hotel
- Moth-trapping & butterfly walks among the activities on offer
- Go on a nocturnal ‘hedgehog hunt’ in search of the island’s ‘blonde’ hedgehogs
- Introduction to bird ringing at the new Alderney Bird Observatory
- Seabird & marine-life cruises plus wild flower & birdwatching walks
- Town tour, museum visit & a little history (Roman, Victorian and WW2) included
- Led by expert resident naturalist guides
- Accommodation: Sparkling 4-star hotel commanding fabulous views over the bay. All rooms en-suite.
- Food: Bed and breakfast only is included in the cost of this holiday. The cost of lunches and dinners is not included since each day's itinerary is planned to enable group members to take a break either at the Braye Beach Hotel, or at one of Alderney's many pubs or restaurants where a choice of lunch, snacks and drinks will be available to suit
Prices from £1,495
Visit website for full itinerary and to book.