Some fun facts about the walk:
- In its first year, 13 people took part in the walk raising a total of £1,200.
- Over the 17 years over 3,500 people have finished the walk out of some 5,500 participants.
- Walkers have taken anything from 7.5 hours to 16.5 hours to complete the course.
- The youngest person to have completed the walk was 11 year old Phillip Robinson who finished the walk at 15.47 hours.
- The oldest walker was Ray Pickett aged 77.
Following the walk each year a number of awards are made for those people who go the extra mile from outstanding achievement, for the most money raised as well as those individuals who have given incredible amounts of time and support to the event over many years