The Saffery Rotary Walk will take place on Saturday 10th June 2023. Registration is now open.
The Saffery Rotary Walk is one of the island's largest charity fundraising events and has supported dozens of charitable causes. Local firm Saffery took over the sponsorship of this community event in 2014 for a significant minimum commitment of three years.
The route, which is an epic 39 miles, follows the coast around Guernsey from St Peter Port, along the south coast, towards the west and north and then back round to St Peter Port.
Register before 31 January 2023 to get a discounted entry rate. Visit the website for full details.
Some fun facts about the walk:
- In its first year, 13 people took part in the walk raising a total of £1,200.
- Over the 17 years over 3,500 people have finished the walk out of some 5,500 participants.
- Walkers have taken anything from 7.5 hours to 16.5 hours to complete the course.
- The youngest person to have completed the walk was 11 year old Phillip Robinson who finished the walk at 15.47 hours.
- The oldest walker was Ray Pickett aged 77.
Following the walk each year a number of awards are made for those people who go the extra mile from outstanding achievement, for the most money raised as well as those individuals who have given incredible amounts of time and support to the event over many years