Built in 1700, Clos a Jaon was for generations a simple pair of cottages with an adjacent barn, built of Sark granite walls and thatched roofs. Having become uninhabited and fallen into disrepair over the centuries, the once beautiful properties enjoyed an initial restoration in the 1970s, before an ambitious project was undertaken in 2015 to completely renovate the buildings.
Four of our properties are located on the Clos a Jaon site: Le Grand, Le Petit, La Grange and Le Friquet. The fifth property, Chez Nous, is a short cycle away in the direction of the Point Robert Lighthouse.
Sympathetic changes have been made throughout to enhance the beauty and practicality of the properties, such as repointing the exterior walls to restore their condition to their original glory and increasing each bedroom’s space to ensure the most comfortable stay for our guests.